Job Title: Economic Development Coordinator
Classification: Full-time – Non-Exempt
Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm; flexibility and additional hours as needed
Salary: $35,000 annualized
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
The Economic Coordinator is an individual who is eager to coordinate the responsibilities of the Economic Development department. This person is responsible for keeping the behind the scene work flow of the Economic Development department flowing seamlessly.
As the Economic Coordinator you will be working closely with the Executive Director and Finance Department of the Tri-County Council to assist in the management and administration of a number of economic development grants. Your patience and attention to detail will aid as you coordinate and facilitate in a detailed manner committee meetings involving the Tri-County Council and local officials to advance the economic goals of the Lower Shore region.
What is the Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore
The Tri-County Council (TCC) was formed in 2001 by the Maryland General Assembly and charged with fostering partnerships, cooperation and economic development on a regional level for the three counties of the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland. In recent years, the TCC has successfully consolidated the operations of the three-county transit system, the regional work force development team and a regional economic development function into a 74, 429 sq. ft. Multi-Purpose Center located on its 26-acre campus in Salisbury, Maryland. As the entity singularly charged with promoting economic development on a regional level in Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester counties, TCC is positioning its existing resources in a manner calculated to have the greatest long-term and sustainable economic impact in the area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to generate internal and external communications with a broad range of community stakeholders in the government and private sectors.
- Plan and organize meetings, conferences, and business gatherings throughout the year and produce accurate minutes in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
- Ability to oversee and administer economic development grants in accordance with application and reporting guidelines in close tandem with the Finance Department; This includes initial grant correspondence with the funding source, ensuring proper grant submission information, grant acceptance processing, grant completion and close-out, grant briefing for audit purposes and other related functional duties as required.
- Manage the flow of information through the office of the Executive – Economic Development Department.
- Assist with planning, administering and reconciling the annual budget of the Executive – Economic Development Department in close tandem with the Executive Director and Finance Department.
- Work in close tandem with management and staff of the Administrative Services and Economic Development departments to organize and execute the Tri-County Council-sponsored Taste of the Eastern Shore legislative event in Annapolis, Maryland.
- Ability to travel to in-state conferences on occasion.
State Employee’s health and prescription coverage
Life, AD&D, and long term disability coverage
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dental and vision coverage
Voluntary life and AD&D coverage
Annual, sick and personal leave
3+ years experience working with all aspects of the grant process from inception to close-out
Competent working with MS Office Suite
Familiarity with the budgeting process
Competent performing administrative tasks
Associate degree in related field, or higher
Ability to work independently
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify Human Resources in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax at 410-341-8979; or by regular mail to TCC, 31901 Tri-County Way, Suite 201B, Salisbury MD 21804. The Employment Application can be found at www.lowershore.org. You must include a resume, or a completed employment application form, and a cover letter detailing your experience as it relates to this position.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer