Deadline to apply: January 27, 2021
The Interagency Family Preservation Services Program prevents the out-of-some placement of children identified by a child-serving agency in Howard County to be at risk of imminent placement into foster care, juvenile commitment, residential behavioral health treatment and/or at high risk for future maltreatment. Services include planning for safety, risk reduction, crisis intervention/prevention, family and individual counseling, parent/caregiver education in the areas of trauma, child development, parenting skills, communication skills and behavioral management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Case Management services for HCDSS’s IFPS program
- Perform professional social work under the supervision of HCDSS
- Perform administrative tasks
- Provide counseling and programmatic services to the special populations
- Identifying the population at risk, their needs and how to meet those needs
- Applicants will need to possess a demonstrated commitment to the core practice values: 1. Child-driven, 2. Family-centered, 3. Community-focused, 4. Strength-based, 5. Committed to diversity/cultural humility, and 6. continuous learning/professional development.
- Express comfort engaging families with identified needs or underlying conditions such as: homelessness, behavioral health issues, family violence, child maltreatment, etc.
- Express comfort providing direct services to children who have experienced traumatic life events including abuse and neglect
- Possess basic engagement skills to positively interact with children and family members, including siblings, parents, extended relatives, and guardians in the family home setting in order to assess the needs of each child & determine the best course of action for improving child safety & family stability
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in social work from an accredited college or university
- Licensed in Social Work, or at least eligible to be licensed, and be in good standing with the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners at the LGSW or LCSW-C level
- Experience in providing child welfare services to vulnerable children, individuals or families is not required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Human Resources by email at email@example.com; by fax at 410-341-8979; You may also apply at www.tcclesmd.org using the online Employment Application Form.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer