Job Title: MEN’S (Men Encouraging, Nurturing and Supporting) Program
Reports to: Howard County Department of Social Services
Classification/Salary: Part-time, non-exempt: $17.14 hourly with a limited benefit package
Shift: 24 hours weekly Monday – Friday
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2021
The mission of the MEN’S program is to provide non-custodial parents (NCP) and young fathers with supports, personal development and training to encourage greater participation in supporting or becoming the primary caregiver for their child(ren). The program provides a holistic approach to enhance parent’s abilities to provide for their child’s basic needs, support their development and pro social behavior. The program will also give participants education, employment, and social connections. Services will include working through co-parenting strategies in order to improve and facilitate communication and healthy interaction between the parents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Case Management services-
- Weekly group support
- For specific services
- Assessments of participant needs
- Connect individuals with job training & readiness programs
- Connect individuals to educational & substance use services
- Parent education & training
- Mediation & conflict resolution as skills
- Monthly statistics of program participation
- Work in partnership with other agencies & organization to ensure a comprehensive support service network is available.
- Partner with other service providing agencies to provide needed support to the participants of the program.
- Experience in facilitating fatherhood or parenting groups
- Demonstrate familiarity with child support and child custody cases
- Excellent oral communication skills, as well as good written skills
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited college or university, in child development, social work or other related field.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Human Resources by email at email@example.com; by fax at 410-341-8979; or you may also apply at www.tcclesmd.org using the online Employment Application Form.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer