Job Title: Clearance Program Clerk
Reports to: Howard County Department of Social Services – Columbia, MD
Classification/Salary: Full-time, non-exempt: $16.25 hourly with a benefit package
Shift: 40 hours weekly, 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
Deadline to apply: December 26, 2021
The main purpose of this position is to provide administrative and technical support to the Adult, Family & Children’s Services Division of the Howard County Department of Social Services, (HCDSS). This position will process Child Welfare/CPS background clearances, provide referral information to customers via phone and email, file and retrieve case records, collect, and record statistical information on the tracking sheet, review and sort incoming and outgoing documents and perform other duties in support of the Adult, Family & Children’s Division of HCDSS. The required duties necessitate excellent communication, strong organizational and advanced level Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform CPS Background/Adam Walsh clearance requests via CJAMS and the other databases. Verifies that all requests for clearances are procedurally compliant and forms are completed accurately.
- Organize, and retrieve case records and other customer documents; adhere to compliance policy and record retention procedures.
- Respond to inquiries, makes determinations, interpret information, and resolve problems that relate to inaccurate information; research and resolve record discrepancies. Complete automated system (CJAMS, CARES) queries to validate customer information.
- Complete referrals in CJAMS by inputting demographic and finding information. Scan forms and supporting documentation into the system.
- Performs daily reviews and updates tracking sheets to ensure unit compliance with standard operating procedures and generate statistical data for management reports.
- Compose routine correspondence and creates status reports in response to information requests. Consistently follows information dissemination procedures. Collect, review, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail/faxes. Ensure timely flow of internal and external information.
- Assist with unsubstantiated findings appeal processes. Effectively communicate with customers and HCDSS supervisors and disseminates appeal findings information.
- Greet and assist customers in person and via telephone and provide timely and appropriate information upon request
- Maintain professional interactions with customers and provide a high level of prompt customer service at all times.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university
- Two years of experience performing secretarial or clerical work
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to Human Resources by email at email@example.com; by fax at 410-341-8979; You may also apply at www.tcclesmd.org using the online Employment Application Form.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer