Job Title: AJC Navigator
Reports to: LSWA Director
Division: Lower Shore Workforce Alliance
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Salary: $31,200 annualized
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
The Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland is seeking a Grant Manager for its’ workforce division. A division of Tri-County Council, the Lower Shore Workforce Alliance (LSWA) provides Title 1 Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth programs under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014. LSWA serves the three lower counties of Maryland’s Eastern Shore: Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet visitors that enter the American Job Center (AJC)
- Conduct a short interview with the visitor to determine their needs
- Provide visitors with information regarding services available at the AJC and offsite partners. Provide a direct connection to service providers.
- Maintains knowledge of community resources. Utilizes community, training, and educational resources to refer visitors for other support services.
- Performs basic data entry into spreadsheets and automated systems.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable using internet and Microsoft Office
- Prior customer service experience is required
- Qualities: logical, team work, leadership, multi-tasker, time management and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Employment contingent on satisfactory results of mandatory background check
- State of Maryland Employees Health & prescription coverage at employee level
- Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D Insurances available
- Annual, Personal & Sick Leave
- Participation in the Maryland State Retirement & Pension System
- Holiday pay
If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify Human Resources in writing by email at email@example.com; by fax at 410-341-8979. You must include a resume or employment application detailing your experience as it relates to this position.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer