Job Title: Job Counselor
Reports to: Wicomico County Department of Social Services
Classification: Full time, 40 hours/week, non-exempt
Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Wicomico County Department of Social Services is seeking to fill the position of Job Counselor. The position is located at the American Job Center in Salisbury, MD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for tracking and reporting data
- Customer Service
- Responsible for interviewing customers
- Complete assessments and determining needs related to self-sufficiency in relation to the work program
- Responsible for monitoring the customer’s work activities to ensure compliance with federal work participation requirements.
- Answering telephones
- Assist and screening applicants for public assistance programs
- Distributing and collecting customer service surveys
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university; may substitute additional experience on a year-for-year basis
- 1 year prior experience in related field
- Experience working in an office setting dealing with the general public
- Possess experience/skills in Google, Excel and Word.
- Strong focus on customer service
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details
- Be self-motivated and results driven
- Strong customer service skills
- Clerical office skills
If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify Human Resources in writing by email at email@example.com; by fax at 410-341-8979; or by regular mail to TCC, 31901 Tri-County Way, Suite 201B, Salisbury MD 21804. You may also apply at www.tcclesmd.org using the online Employment Application Form.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer