JOB POSTING NOTICE
Job Title: Lower Shore Workforce Alliance Director
Classification: Full-time – Non-Exempt
Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm; flexibility and additional hours as needed
Salary: $85,000 +/- annualized
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
Federal and state sub-recipient grant management experience
Knowledge of the American Job Center system and WIOA
Successful experience with workforce and economic development
Strong level of business acumen
Bachelor degree in related field, or higher
Attention to detail and highly organized
Able to supervise a team to provide proven results
Competent skills working with MS Office Suite and common use applications
The Lower Shore Workforce Alliance (LSWA) is a division of the Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland (TCC). The Director of the Lower Shore Workforce Alliance is a highly organized and creative individual experienced in bringing businesses, educational institutions, economic development professionals and the workforce together to create a community driven economy. This person is dedicated to working closely with the community and its stakeholders to assist in building and expanding programs designed to link adults, dislocated workers and youth in the Lower Shore region with training and career opportunities in emerging and in-demand industries.
The Director is responsible for ensuring services provided through the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) are adequately reaching the businesses and residents of the three Lower Shore counties of Wicomico, Worcester and Somerset in Maryland. Responsibilities include expanding, utilizing and administering not only federal WIOA funds, but other state and federal workforce development funds available to the Lower Shore Workforce Development Area (LSWDA).
What is the Workforce Development Board (WDB)
The Lower Shore Workforce Development Board is federally mandated to work with corporations, small businesses, educational institutions and community-based organizations to provide workforce development leadership throughout the region.
Director Essential Duties and Responsibilities: WIOA and Other State and Federally Funded Programs
- Provides strategic planning and direction of the programs funded by WIOA, as well as other state and federal grants.
- Provides grant management and administration utilizing LSWA staff, sub-recipients and contractors.
- Oversees the relationship with partner agencies providing services in the American Job Center (AJC) as the AJC Operator.
- Oversees development and submission of the WIOA four year Strategic Plan for approval by the Maryland Department of Labor.
- Plans and designs operations to ensure WIOA funded programs adequately meet the employment and training needs of businesses and job seekers.
- Ensures all state and federal regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Directs efforts to effectively promote available services and identify/enroll eligible participants.
- Fully leverages available grant funds and ensures appropriate utilization of funds among the targeted groups, i.e. Youth, Adult and Dislocated Workers.
- Ensures WIOA and other state and federally funded programs meet or exceed locally negotiated Performance Standards as required by the funding agency.
- Develops and maintains relationships with surrounding communities and stakeholders to identify training opportunities and job placement sites for participants in WIOA and other state and federally funded programs – includes frequent interaction with Lower Shore community colleges, University of Maryland System campuses, boards of education, area economic development professionals, chambers of commerce and other members of the private sector.
- Brokers agreements and Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with key stakeholders.
Director Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Lower Shore Workforce Development Board (WDB)
- Creates compliance policy in accordance with state and federal regulations for approval by the WDB.
- Acts as a critical liaison with the Lower Shore WDB and its Steering Committee to promote and facilitate involvement in & encourage collaboration on all aspects of program design and implementation.
- Solicits and/or recommends WDB member nominees to the Lower Shore County Councils and Commissions.
- Educates the WDB as to its responsibility according to the governing regulations, laws and bylaws.
- Guides strategic planning of the WDB.
- Prepares the WDB Chair for Steering committee and full board meetings.
- Informs the WDB of budgetary issues and presents the budget for approval.
Director Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Staff
- Promotes a culture of creative response to the community and its workforce priorities.
- Provides oversight of staff management and day to day operations of the organization.
- Executes organizational personnel policies and procedures.
- Provides direct supervision of the Deputy Director.
Director Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore
- Attends Tri-County Council Executive Committee Meetings (quarterly) and Tri-County Council full Board meetings (quarterly) to provide updates on the status of LSWDA programs and efforts.
- Works in conjunction with Tri-County Council finance department to manage all aspects of grant fiscal operations and compliance.
- The LSWA Director reports to the TCC Executive Director.
State Employee’s health and prescription coverages for employee and family
Life, AD&D, and long term disability coverages
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dental and Vision coverages
Voluntary life and AD&D coverages
Annual, sick and personal leave
If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify Human Resources in writing by email at email@example.com; by fax at 410-341-8979; or by regular mail to TCC, 31901 Tri-County Way, Suite 201B, Salisbury MD 21804. The Employment Application can be found at www.tcclesmd.org. You must include a resume, or a completed employment application form, and a cover letter detailing your experience as it relates to this position.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer