Reports to: Somerset County Department of Social Services
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Shift: 40 hours weekly, 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
Salary: $15.00; & limited benefit package
Deadline to apply: May 4, 2021 or until position is filled
Nature of Work
An Office Services Clerk is the full performance level of work performing diverse clerical duties which support agency operations and require the review, verification and interpretation of information in order to make determinations and resolve problems in accordance with policies, regulations and laws applicable to agency programs.
Examples of work to be performed
- Track and monitor Somerset County Non-custodial Parent Employment Program participants.
- Provide assistance to Tri-pep case managers serving absent parents at SCDSS by setting up appointments, maintaining appointment calendars, monitoring participant’s attendance, make appointment reminder calls and any other assistance as needed.
- Monitor SCDSS Tri-Pep roster and reconcile it monthly to the NPEP DataWatch report.
- Maintains agency job posting board for customers seeking employment.
- Utilizes all available CSA tools to track incarcerated obligors and locate Non-Custodial Parents to pursue child support services.
- Complete all reporting requirements as assigned and in accordance with established due dates. Collects fees, makes corrections to payments owed or due, posts fees and payments to accounts and keeps financial records not requiring knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting;
- Performs clerical duties: provides primary back up assistance to the Administrative Officer with document scanning, mail run, and front desk coverage.
- Maintains the CSA file room to ensure that it is clean and orderly and that records and documents are set up, filed and purged according to policy.
- Updates and maintains files, logs, schedules, rosters and records;
- May type correspondence, reports, schedules and other material using a keyboard of a personal computer
- Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
- Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please notify Human Resources in writing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax at 410-341-8979; or by regular mail to TCC, 31901 Tri-County Way, Suite 201B, Salisbury MD 21804. You must include a resume or a completed employment application form, detailing your experience as it relates to this position. You may also apply at www.lowershore.org using the online Employment Application Form.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer